1 Package of The Real Coconut Original Tortillas
1 Can Chickpeas or Garbanzo Beans
3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
2 Tablespoons Dairy-Free Milk
1⁄4 Cups Cocoa Powder
1⁄2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- Lay out the desired amount of the Coconut Flour Tortillas on a plate. Make the chocolate hummus while the tortillas are coming to room temperature.
- Drain and rinse the full can of chickpeas.
- Add chickpeas, maple syrup, oil, milk ,cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt to a blender or food processor.
- Blend all ingredients together. If it seems dry and is not blending well, add in a little milk (teaspoon by teaspoon) until it blends smoothly.
- Lay out tortillas on a flat surface. Spread 1-2 tablespoons of chocolate hummus on top of tortilla going all the way to the edges.
- Peel the banana and lay it on top of the tortilla (one banana per tortilla). Roll the tortilla tightly around the banana.
- Cut the roll-up into 1⁄2 inch pieces.
- Slice or cube strawberries to lay on top of each piece. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe by Kari Hauger. Kari is the recipe creator and gluten-free food blogger at The Savory Celiac. Her blog includes recipes, restaurant recommendations, travel guides, and lifestyle tips. She was diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2017 and is passionate about sharing her knowledge and experiences with the gluten-free community.