Take taco night to the next level by making these mini coconut whip tacos for dessert. They're bite sized, shareable, and easy to make. Gluten free and dairy free too!
- 1 can coconut milk, refrigerated at least 24 hours 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon zest, optional
- 6-8 Real Coconut Original Tortillas
- 2-3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- Diced strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scoop out the hard coconut cream at the top of the canned coconut milk and add to a large mixing bowl (reserve the liquid for another use). Add maple syrup, vanilla, and lemon zest if using, then beat with a hand mixer for a few minutes until light and fluffy. To make a chocolate version, just omit the lemon zest and beat in 1/2 cup melted allergy-friendly chocolate chips. Adjust flavors to taste, then cover and set aside in the fridge to chill.
- Using a 3" circle cutter, cut out circles from your tortillas. You should get about 3 out of each tortilla. Brush each side with a little melted coconut oil, then mix together cinnamon and coconut sugar and sprinkle over each side.
- Flip a standard or mini muffin tin upside down, and place the mini tortillas in between muffin cups to help hold their shape. Bake 6-8 minutes just until set. Set aside to cool completely.
- Pipe filling into each taco and top with diced strawberries. Optional to drizzle with chocolate ganache - just melt together some chocolate chips with a little of the leftover coconut water from the can and stir until combined.