Makes 7-8 tacos
For Butternut Squash
- 1 large butternut squash peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3 cups kale leaves, washed and torn
For Avocado Crema
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 Real Coconut Tortillas
- 1.5 cups broccoli slaw
- 1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
- Cilantro and avocado for garnish
- To make avocado crema, combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth, about 2 minutes. Place into a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat avocado oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add butternut squash and saute for 7-8 minutes, or until soft and crispy on the edges. Stir in salt, paprika, and chili powder, then add torn kale and saute for another 3-4 minutes, or until softened. Remove from the skillet.
- To assemble tacos, warm tortillas in a skillet or in the microwave then add butternut squash, kale, and broccoli slaw. Top with a spoonful of avocado crema and garnish with cilantro, jalapeno, and avocado slices. Enjoy!
Recipe created by Moriah Sawtelle of ellefait.com